Tuesday, February 23, 2010

zone system and a HDR






hey there

i figured i would try out some zone system things today, I know this might not mean much to someone reading this blog, but i want to keep a running track of it for myself, sorry pals. If you really want to know what the zone system is feel free to drop me a line and i will do my best to explain it. I remember Blair telling us never to keep a white at zone 5, because it just makes it a midtone grey and that is very unappealing, so i took a few shots, one at zone 7, one at zone 6, one at zone 5 and one at zone 4. Then just for fun, i made a HDR image, :)

if i actually have any readers out there, tell me which one you like the best. also, mind the dirty-ness of my lens, I should really get myself an can of air, or something to clean that, maybe an artic butterfly.

the photos go as followed (starting from the bottom): 1. Zone 7 2. Zone 6 3. Zone 5 4. Zone 4 5. HDR image

I feel that i like zone 6 the most because it brings light into the image without completely blowing out the snow


Nancy

No comments: